Just for a taste, this is last year’s program. ScareLA is returning bigger and better in 2015! Join our e-mail list for updates.
ScareLA features over 80 hours of workshops and seminars for haunters and Halloween fans, professionals and enthusiasts alike, covering everything from pumpkin carving to special effects makeup and costuming to haunted attraction design.
Scare Student ticket holders can also pursue certification for taking a number of classes along three different tracks, among other perks:
- Priority access and online reservations to classes.
- Discounted materials fees to vendor managed workshops.
- Custom certificate of completion for taking three or more classes.
- Access to Scare Student exclusive photo booth to commemorate graduation from our Scare School.
- (not to mention priority access to panels and presentations, a free ticket to the Terror Trucks, and limited hard credential.)
After completion of three or more classes along any of the three “tracks” Scare Students will earn one of the following titles:
- Monster Maker: Makeup, costuming, scare acting and performance. Whether you’re learning to turn someone or yourself into a creature of the night or other costumed character, three or more classes in this track will earn you the title, “Monster Maker.”
- Halloween Maniac: Pumpkin carving, party games and decorating, and Halloween history. You live for Halloween not just for its scares, but for the traditions. Take three more classes in this track to be deemed a “Halloween Maniac.”
- Scare Master: Creating terrifying settings and props, or running operations for a personal or professional haunt. Whether you take home haunting seriously, or are pursuing the design and operation of haunts as a career, completing three or more classes in this track earns you the name, “Haunt Master.”
- Want to avoid being stuck in a track and go for a well rounded education? Take any three classes from any track and become a ScareLA B.A.: Bachelor of Arghs!!!
If you’d like to join in on the fun, purchase a Scare Student ticket now (quantities limited and will sell out soon). Scare Students will be emailed reservation instructions and a full schedule at least four weeks prior to ScareLA.
Below is our lineup of classes and workshops, with more to be added soon. To see a running update of class schedules with seating availability go here.