ScareLA™ premiered in 2013 as the first fan convention dedicated to celebrating Halloween. Situated in the entertainment capital of the world, it combines the city’s top talent and unique cultural setting with a twist! Drawing fans and haunt entertainment professionals, the event features top attraction designers and operators, manufacturers, artists, filmmakers and more. The weekend-long Halloween season teaser celebrates California’s hottest scary faire with attraction unveils, workshops and classes, top industry panels, haunt tours, screenings and activities. Share, inspire, play – ScareLA.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- 200,000+ sq. ft. of Halloween mayhem in the middle of the SoCal summer
- Curated collection of 200+ exhibitors showcasing scary goods, services & job opportunities
- Celebrity and expert panels on the haunt business, horror entertainment and more
- Sneak peaks and unveils of the top and most anticipated upcoming local haunts and theme parks
- Performances by local horror themed theatre companies and musicians
- Professional demos of makeup, set building, costume creation, animatronics
- Hands-on workshops taught by top industry professionals for all skill levels and ages
- Screening room to show over 75 original horror films, documentaries and shorts
- Mini-haunts, interactive experiences, games, roaming monsters, costume party and more!
ScareLA takes place throughout over 200,000 sq ft at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Conveniently located off the 110, 10 and 101 freeways at 1201 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90015. Take the Metro Expo Line for easy access a block away and skip the traffic altogether.
Yes – monsters of all ages, shapes and sizes are welcome to ScareLA! Children 12 years of age and under enter FREE. Be sure to visit our Kid Crafts Area for children-friendly crafts, activities, storytelling, and games. Please note some of our programming may be restricted to adults 18 and over, parental discretion advised. All children must be registered upon arrival and are be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Yes – dress to impress and bring your scary best! Costumes are highly encouraged and multiple costume contests will take place throughout the days of the convention. Rules: Please note that there will be children present, so keep costumes PG-13. Also, we ask that you do not have anything that will drip off your costume (keep your blood on your person at all times!). WEAPONS POLICY While common sense prevails, some basic rules on costumes and props you may be thinking of bringing to ScareLA: All costume weapons must conform to state and federal law. Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable. Any weapon or prop with a real blade must be tied to your costume so it can’t be drawn. ScareLA reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone carrying a weapon or wearing a costume deemed unsafe at our sole discretion.
There will be no alcohol served during convention hours. A bar will be available for qualified patrons 21+ at the Saturday evening party only. Anyone wishing to consume alcohol at the party must present a valid ID. Please drink responsibly or you will be escorted out of the event without a refund.